bursaries at st leonards
Bursary support up to the value of 100% of school fees can be allocated, based upon need. Support is provided in two ways: the St Leonards Assisted Places Scheme and via the Financial Assistance Fund. For more information, or to apply, please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
august 2022 entry
The bursary application deadline for the 2022-2023 academic year has now passed.
open to all
It is the intention of the School that a St Leonards education should be available to anyone who would be capable of benefiting from it, regardless of personal finance. The Governing Council of St Leonards is therefore committed to providing bursary assistance to talented pupils whose parents could not otherwise afford to send them to the School.
The Council also seeks to enable pupils to remain at St Leonards in the event that their parents face unforeseen financial difficulties affecting payment of School fees.
Bursary support up to the value of 100% of school fees can be given, based upon need. Support is provided in two ways: the St Leonards Assisted Places Scheme and via the Financial Assistance Fund. To apply or find out more information, please contact email@example.com
Below is a summary of some of the main points regarding Financial Assistance at St Leonards:
- Assistance is means-tested.
- Awards are available to both existing pupils and new applicants.
- Only in exceptional circumstances will the award of a bursary be considered in the Junior School.
- Bursaries are available from Year 5 upwards, with Year 8 (S1) the main point at which they are awarded.
- All candidates must be registered with the School to be considered for bursary assistance.
- Assisted Places awards are dependent on a means-test assessment, an interview, a report from the existing school and performance in the appropriate entrance examination.
- For Assisted Places the detailed means-test application is completed by parents and should be submitted by the end of the December before the September when a pupil is due to start at St Leonards.
Remissions for siblings
Sibling discounts are available, please contact the Chief Operating Officer for more details.
Scholarships at St Leonards are awarded as means of recognising achievement and excellence. They are not associated with any remission on fees although a gift voucher will be awarded to successful candidates.
To have a St Leonards Scholarship on your CV is a mark of real distinction and, as such, the standard required for an award is high. The awards are open to all of the School’s pupils, including those who have recently joined or who have sat their entrance tests and are in the process of joining.
Scholarships are awarded in the following areas from Year 7 upwards: