Giving to Bishopshall
• Bishopshall, our largest girls’ boarding house, re-opened in September 2016 after a complete refurbishment, resulting in the transformation of the interior to bring the accommodation up to an exceptionally high standard.
• Bishopshall is currently used by both boarding and day students at St Leonards. All of the shared space is on the ground floor. The ground floor area includes a seminar room, two quiet study rooms, a technology suite, and a state-of-the-art kitchen and common room to provide a social space for the girls.
• The design brief was to modernise the boarding house in a ‘country house’ style. For example, the communal areas now have a bespoke Axminster carpet in a subtle ancient tartan design using hand dyed yarn, and the students were asked to come up with their own artwork ideas about what makes Bishopshall and St Leonards such a special place. The winning design, by Sixth Form student Charlotte Baillie was printed onto cream fabric for curtains and blinds in four different colours - a different colour for each floor of Bishopshall.
• The original furniture has been restored and re-upholstered where possible, and the lockers have been retained and used on the ground floor. The original window shutters, entrance floor tiles, and the stained glass which is currently in the drawing room have also been retained.
How to Give
Development remains central to our vision for St Leonards' exciting future. The refurbishment of Bishopshall has provided outstanding boarding facilities for our students. Up to 70 students are accommodated in 45 single and twin study bedrooms in state-of-the-art accommodation. Your donations to support Bishopshall will support both the conservation of our historical buildings and also investment into improved facilities for our students. Thank you for supporting St Leonards, every donation helps us to enhance our students’ educational experience.
How to support us
Four easy ways to give to St Leonards:
• A one-off gift by cheque, credit card or bank transfer. If you are a UK taxpayer, please make
your gift via Gift Aid.
• A regular monthly or annual gift through Standing Order. Again, you can make these gifts
through Gift Aid.
• A gift of shares, which is a very tax-effective way of making a donation.
• A legacy bequest, which is also very tax-effective as gifts to charitable institutions are exempt from inheritance tax.
St Leonards is registered as a charity with OSCR. The charity registration number is SCO10904.
Donations of any amount are welcome. However, if you wish to support a specific area of the
restoration of Bishopshall, the following opportunities are available:*
|Donation Amount||Potential use|
|Up to £2,000||Purchase furniture, items for new Kitchen/Common Room, soft furnishings|
|£2,000 to £5,000*||Furnish a single study bedroom|
|£5,000*||Furnish a twin double bedroom|
|£5,000*||Pay for all equipment and furniture in quiet study spaces|
|£5,000*||Furnish and soft furnishings for one of four beautiful corridors|
|£10,000*||Purchase piano for drawing room for girls’ use|
|£15,000*||Games/activity room equipment and furnishings|
|£15,000*||Seminar room with high tech equipment|
|£25,000*||Entire kitchen/Common Room|
|£250,000*||Entire floor/wing of Bishopshall|
* indicates a naming opportunity. The room, suite, or corridor can be named after you, or your family, if you wish.
The newly refurbished Bishopshall boarding house features:
- 45 single and twin study bedrooms accommodating 70 senior school girls
- Communal rooms mainly on the ground floor
- Brand new kitchen/common room with large family style dining table and several seating areas
- Wireless connectivity throughtout, and data ports in each study bedroom
- Existing traditional furniture re-upholstered and re-used. Traditional working shutters and lockers retained
If there is anything at all you would like to discuss further, please contact Dr Michael Carslaw, Headmaster or Alison Galloway, Development Manager
Dr Michael Carslaw 01334 472126 or email@example.com
Alison Galloway 01334 472126 or firstname.lastname@example.org