SAFE RETURN TO SCHOOL
We are looking forward to welcoming new and existing pupils and our staff back to school in August, in line with Government advice and guidelines. We will be delivering a full, five-day teaching programme with an adapted co-curricular programme, and also continue to provide teaching and learning via St Leonards Connected for those pupils who are unable to return to school because of social shielding or travel restrictions.
At St Leonards, our return to school will be guided and governed by the following key principles to manage the risks associated with Covid-19:
- Increased and frequent hand hygiene;
- Good respiratory hygiene;
- Zero tolerance of symptoms;
- Maintaining good ventilation throughout our campus facilities;
- Appropriate and additional cleaning regimes;
- Reducing student contact and mixing;
- And appropriate social distancing between staff and students.
The outworkings of these principles will include the following procedures and measures:
- Hand sanitiser stations in buildings and personal supplies of hand sanitiser;
- Rigorous cleaning and disinfecting of key areas and common touchpoints;
- Wiping down of teaching areas before and after each class;
- Bubble groups for teaching and learning, and within the boarding community;
- Reduced mixing between the boarding and day communities;
- Avoidance large student gatherings, such as assemblies;
- Staggered mealtimes, and no day pupils in Restaurant 1877 - we will provide packed lunches for day pupils;
- And no uniform at the start of the year, to enable more frequent washing of clothes.
We are also offering a two-week landing programme for our international boarding pupils to enable them to safely quarantine. In addition, we will be offering enhanced on-site healthcare provision with an additional auxiliary nurse and counsellor, and the Medical Team will wear medical grade PPE when providing care. Isolation facilities are also in place, should they be required.
BOARDING SCHOOLS' ASSOCIATION CHARTER
As a school, we are proud to adhere to the promises contained within the BSA Covid-Safe Charter, which can be accessed via the hyperlink above. The adoption of this charter demonstrates our continued commitment as a school to the wellbeing, health, and safety of our pupils and staff - which are of paramount importance, and, as ever, are our primary concern.
KEY POINTS OF CONTACT
We know that most of our pupils are very excited about returning to our school campus, or commencing their educational journey at St Leonards in August. However, we understand that some pupils and their parents may find the return to school a worrying prospect. Our pastoral staff are more than happy to speak with any St Leonards family - there is no concern that is too big or too small. Please do get in contact with us, and we will endeavour to put your mind at rest and implement a support structure that will enable you to transition back to life at school. In the first instance, please contact the following members of staff:
Day pupils: Mr Andrew Durward, Deputy Head (wellbeing) - email@example.com
Boarding pupils: Mr Gerry Young, Deputy Head (boarding) - firstname.lastname@example.org